CEO Message for IMEI
To be where we want to be, our missions for the 2021 and 2022 are:
- To develop a comprehensive business ethics policy and implement it throughout all our businesses and make it the core of our corporation culture.
- To develop and implement a more efficient and effective reporting system throughout all businesses and departments, so that the decisions will not be delayed or inappropriate.
- To practice the corporate governance as the whole company indeed.
- To sustain the culture of rapid response to customers/market and try to continuously improve our products and services to satisfy customers’ needs.
- To sustain the competency development programme to our Company’s human resources.
- To look into the financial situation of each businesses and decide whether to scale up, maintain, or scale down the business activities. So that, the available resources go to the right operation.
- To contribute to the society to make the society wants/needs us to be there with them.
- To be responsible business in the business environment in which we stand
- To manage the new normal workplace to be high productivity of each resources successfully.
- To make sure our business activities do not pollute any part of the already injured planet Earth, but implement at least one corporate initiative to heal the Earth.
From the economic point of view, Myanmar’s GDP growth rate in 2019 was 6. 8%, increase from 6.4 % in 2018. Myanmar’s economy continues to show resilience despite the ongoing global slowdown and domestic uncertainties, according to a World Bank report released on 15 January 2020.A comprehensive legal and regulatory framework is vital for Myanmar to develop a vibrant private sector and to attract more FDIs. In addition, the country’s banking sector also needs urgent reform as financing is not accessible to most enterprises and the high interest rate is also a challenge for enterprises. Although, ADB forecasts Myanmar’s GDP growth rate will be 1.8 % in 2020 and 6% in 2021 , it all lies in the hands of policy makers. To stay financially healthy, we will mostly maintain the current capacity of all our businesses until we are confident of the country’s economy.
Zaw Myint Htoo
Chief Executive Officer